We ordered $169.41 worth of party supplies from this company, when we received it we refused it.

We subsequently got a credit for $86.32, $83.09 less than we paid.

The company tells us that we were charged shpping of $11.99 both ways and a 30% restocking fee was accessed because the shipment was refused.

They pointed out that their web site specifically states about the 30% restocking fee, but that is not where anyone refusing an order would go before doing so, and besides it is unusual, at best, and absurd at the least!

I have NEVER known any other company that has such a rule.

The lady told me that she called us after finding out from UPS that the shipment and that she specifically told us about the 30% restocking fee, but her havng told us about that after we had refused it, is like closing the barn door after the horse has left.

They claim to have the best customer service in the party industry, but I consider them theives.

Avoid them with the plague!!!!!

Had an Experience with Discount Party Supplies?

Comments

Based on your first response, you owe us money, 10% of $169.41 is $16.94, 20% is $33.88 and 30% is $50.82 and we were charged $59.11 or 35%!!!!!!

Your second response it is a bare faced lie, you called me AFTER YOU found out that the shipment had been refused, you NEVER told us about the 30% restocking fee on refusals before we did it!!!!!

And who ever checks a web site to find out if something can be refused or if there are charges for same.

And why do you charge 10% if is a normal return and 30% if it is refused, when the labor in replacing the stuff that hadn't been opened on the shelf again is exactly the same or even less.

I think we are due a refund of at least $42.17, which is the difference between the $59.11 or 35% restocking charge we were assessed and the 10% you charge to restock a returned item.

and if we don't get what we are entitled to annother complaint will be made.

Ron Olsen

And why do you charge 10% if is a normal return and 30% if it is refused, when the labor in replacing the stuff that hadn't been opened on the shelf again is exactly the same or even less!

and if we don't get what we are entitled to annother complaint will be made.

tracydps

Discount Party Supplies

regrets that Mr. Olson was not happy with his experience at our site. The circumstances in question could have been wholly prevented, by Mr. Olson following the guidelines that are clearly stated on the Discount Party Supplies website. The information is easy to find, and explicitly spells out the penalties for refusing to accept delivery on merchandise purchased from our company.

Our customer service representative contacted Mr. Olson after he refused the order. She reminded him of our stated company policy, and offered to contact UPS and make arrangements to have the order delivered again. She advised him to simply accept the shipment when it was delivered; and return it to us by the shipping method of his choice. He was told that this solution would result in only a ten percent restocking fee. He declined to take the advice we offered, and refused the order at the time of delivery. This resulted in the exact circumstance that he received prior warning of, taking place.

As much as we strive to satisfy our customers, and are willing to work with them to resolve disputes whenever possible, we are not responsible for a customer's change of heart, or their buyer's remorse. Mr. Olson knew the outcome of the situation, based on the advice of our customer service department, and chose to ignore our recommendations. His accusations are false, and should only be considered in the context of his own irresponsible behavior.